Thursday, August 11, 2005

Slow week

First week back after vacation and you'd think there'd be a billion things to do. Nah! Kid started school this week so she's tired and just wants to do homework then sleep. Not much going on at work, sure we have projects but nothing pressing. It's the lull in between months with vacation days. As I sit here contemplating "Do I really want to start this next project?" reading demotivational posters off www.despair.com (I love that site btw) somehow I just don't feel motivated to do much lol. Possibly a corresponance there? Meh :P

So along with the slow week we've got this House warming party this weekend where it's probably going to mostly be family as most people seem to be busy Saturday. Either they're truly busy or people just don't like free food /shrug. At any rate it'll be nice to have a quiet get together with whoever shows up. Really I don't care who comes and doesn't we don't have any close friends so truly it's not a loss lol. Most of them I'd just assume not come less boring conversations I have to endure :P Everyone else lives too far away.

Maybe I'll take a nap :P

~S~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well???? How was the house warming party? What do you and the hubby still need in the house? Did you manage to hide from the guests the whole time?

Zelexis Wellings said...

It was less than stellar. We're pretty much set on most things except nicer furniture. They were all family so no hiding.

Either people were A) Out of town (several were) B) Sick C) Helping out family etc D) didn't get the invitations because their addresses changed

We still had a good time with the family that showed up. We don't have much family but what we do have we all get along.

Short and sweet and good food so can't ask for much more than that. I really don't have any close friends so I'm not very hurt by acquantainces not showing up as it's not a big deal. I just won't be hosting any parties for a while since there's really no point.