Monday, July 04, 2005

Expectations ...

It's the 4th!
We got word about our house today. It's ours! After months of waiting and waiting it's finally time to get the paperwork started and sign our life away. I'm relieved, stressed and a bit scared all at the same time.

I'm a bit sad I'll be giving up my personal haven to have one cohesive house but it's completely worth all the trouble. At least Alexis already has an idea of how she wants to set up her room, her game room etc :P She seems to have enough ideas for all of us. Growing up fast and starting 3rd grade soon who'd of believed she'll be nine this December.

Called my mom, my friends, my family and of course they're all excited for us and always have lots of good advice. It will be really nice to finally have a decent place to host the large Thanksgiving dinners I love to have each year :). Something about having all your friends over and family then eating a large dinner, maybe playing a round of trivial persuit or two ... then plopping on the couch completely regretting having had that LAST piece of turkey and lamenting even thinking about the yet to be eaten pies.

Anyhew.. dreams of grand pianos in the formal living room, flagstone patios and granite counter tops will dance through my head as I attempt to find sleep tonight. Also, the stress from the day, the 2 large assignments for my college class I've yet to do that are due on Weds. Sometimes I wonder how I'll get it all done but some how some say they always do.

Boxes ... boxes and MORE boxes I need lots of boxes. Talked to the nice man at Walmart and he told me to speak to a manager and they'd probably put some boxes for me on the side. That's awesome lord knows I need boxes! Just think could save some trees using already used boxes :)

Well enough for the first blog that prob few will read :)

Ciao and have a great 4th!

~S~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Meh, you only need one person to read your Blog, Z. ME! ;)

That's some awesome news about the house. How long till you're finally done with school? I know you've told me before, but you know me....scatter brain.

Where is the house anyway, in the hot, humid south with A & A or somewhere else?

Unknown said...

Well, damn. I was trying to spare your anonymity, and then you go and post your profile.

:p

Zelexis Wellings said...

Haha!

Well more the merrier I say :) If someone is crazy enough to want to read my rants power to em :P lol

Lots of <3 for New Zelanders :)

The house is in TX :) not far from our current apartment. Hot, humid, was 94 driving in today. Was around 101 all last week. For you metric folks that's close to 40C.

Yah it's crazy hot here.

~Z~