Thursday, July 21, 2005

Motivation... or the lack thereof

Well it's Thursday, I took a sick day yesterday to catch up on some sleep.
Got a migraine later that night and took some Imitrex thank God for that stuff.
I was hoping that if I got some good rest I'd come to work today fully ready to actually get something accomplished. I get here, turn on my computer and due to all the "OU" level locking down we can't change our backgrounds, screen savers etc. I immediately just get annoyed and pursue how I can get around these speed bumps.

In the end I just create a local account with administrative rights and use it now instead :P I can have my Einstein inspired background of multiple universes and myAquarium screen saver. I mean really what is the @#$@#$ point to locking things down like a background or screen saver paaaleeese. Stop flexing your @#$@# epeens! No one cares!

Anyhew :P

Well it's 6 days until we close on our house ... the countdown is getting close and much like the feeling of Christmas in July I'm like a kid at night having trouble getting sleep thinking of the millions of things I want to do when we move in, where I want to place furniture etc.

Well back to the lack of ambition at work :P Not sure what my deal is I could have had several projects done by now :P but I just really am at a loss to wish to do them. It's a very lax environment and no one really cares when I get them done but in the past I've always been the one to do the work of 10 people, stay late and come up with innovations. Not really been in the mood here. I'm guessing the lack of good pay have a lot to do with it. Basically there are no incentives for good workers. People GOOD people don't get raises for 2-3 years at a time and that's no joke. So the people doing crap work and the ones doing good work see the same pay regardless. So where exactly is the benefit for working hard?

And this is why government workers, state workers or people paid by the state by funding or otherwise work in the manner they do... and herein lies a major problem. Offer incentives and just imagine the innovations we could see happen in our government, state and local offices.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

~S~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Zel, I so so so totally understand that lack of motivation thing. It's like, once you've busted your hump to learn something new and you've got a pretty good grasp of it....you just get apathetic.

At least, I find that happens to me.

Zelexis Wellings said...

It can definately be a struggle to get ambition to go the distance. I never used to be this way but as I get older that's just how I feel.

I don't like it... make it go away :P